For many people, Australia is associated with lots of open space, koalas, kangaroos, clean air and wide ocean waters. Though all the above mentioned is true, Australia has much more to offer than just that. In the recent years, this beautiful country has become a desirable destination point for many international students from all across the globe. Friendly atmosphere, laid-back nature, high standard of living and great education system makes Australia a perfect place to live and study. So here are the main reasons why study in Australia.
- Australia is considered to be one of the most popular destinations for international students because of the cultural diversity, friendly people and great system of education. Australia is rated as the third most popular country to study in the English-speaking world, listed right after such countries as the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Australian educational system is carefully regulated by the government of the country in order to maintain the high standards of education. That is why the country has the impressive international reputation and graduates from Australian educational institutions are highly sought after. It is important to know that degrees from Australian schools are recognized all over the world.
- Australia is known as a country with a high standard of living. Furthermore, in comparison to such countries as the United States and the United Kingdom, living expenses and tuition costs are quite affordable. It is interesting to know that students in Australia are able to work part-time to offset their living costs. Also, Australian education system offers scholarships for international students, so it becomes possible to make the cost of studying in this country even lower.
- There is a great diversity of courses and degrees in Australia, so students are able to choose the institution and the field that is catered to their needs and interests. Depending on the degree an international student wants to get in Australia, it is always possible to choose between English-training courses, vocational or university education. One of the greatest advantages of Australian educational system is the ability of students to move between qualification levels, as well as to transfer from one institution to another.
- As Australia is considered to be a country that stays at the forefront of latest technologies and innovation, one of the most distinctive features of its educational system is the high quality of scientific research. That is why international students who come here to study can enjoy all the advantages of impressive technology and research resources offered in the country.
- Every international student who comes to study in Australia is allowed to spend up to 20 hours a week working. This helps students to earn money to pay for their living expenses, as well as to gain work experience in the field of their interest.